Canada Greener Homes Grant

If you are, or are about to be a Canadian Homeowner and want to get $5000 in repairs for your home....this is for you.

The Canadian Government recently rolled out the program called The Greener Homes Grant. Essentially, they'll give you up to $5,000 towards the retrofitting of your home to save on energy costs. This will go towards your furnace, windows, and anything that will be help with the HVAC of the property and sealing air leaks. Learn more about the initiative

Who is eligible?

Eligible homeowners in Canada regardless of where they live, can participate in the initiative. Only one homeowner per home can register. You will be required to:

  • provide proof of ownership with your property tax bill number (this number can be found on your municipal property documents)

  • demonstrate the property is your primary residence through either a drivers licence or government issued ID (with address), or utility bill

The following groups are also eligible applicants under the initiative:

  • Indigenous governments or organizations (e.g., band councils, land claim organizations)

  • housing management bodies and other representative or Indigenous service delivery organizations with formal partnerships with Indigenous governments or organizations

These applicants may be eligible to register multiple homes, including homes that are not the owner’s primary residence. The home registered must be owned by the applicant and be occupied by an Indigenous household.

Eligible property types:

  • Single and semi-detached houses

  • Row housing

  • Townhomes

  • All-season cottages

  • Mobile homes on a permanent foundation

  • Permanently-moored floating homes

  • Mixed use buildings (residential portion only)

  • Small multi-unit residential building (three storeys or less with a footprint of 600m2 or less)

To learn more, visit

43 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All